Having a New Book Celebration at NBTS
An author of a book that relates to one of the disciplines taught at NBTS is welcome to apply to have a “New Book Celebration” in Gardner A. Sage Library. The celebration will be arranged by the Theological Writing Center. Celebrations for books by alumni will be held at the beginning of spring terms when there are books to celebrate, while books by faculty will be celebrated at the beginning of fall terms.
- The Seminary will publicize each New Book Celebration, inviting all members of the Seminary community and surrounding communities to the celebration. The Vice President for Communications and the Director of the Theological Writing Center will arrange for this.
- The author will make a presentation, which may or may not include a reading from the text, of the book and its primary thesis or theme. The staff of the Theological Writing Center will meet with the author to aide in preparations.
- Two or three respondents, recruited by the director of the Theological Writing Center, will speak to their impressions of the book and how it fulfills its intended purpose—the author will supply a free copy of the book for each respondent.
- Presenting authors may have books available for sale and signing—sales and signings will be the responsibility of the author.
- New books by faculty are already displayed in Sage Library. New books by alumni which are featured at New Book Celebrations will be displayed in Sage Library for at least one month following the celebration, provided that the author gives a copy of the book to the Library. This copy will then be accessioned and shelved in Sage’s collection of books by alumni.
Celebrations of New Books by authors who are neither faculty nor alumni/ae of NBTS but which are of particular significance may be scheduled as opportunities present themselves, at the discretion of the Theological Writing Committee. Faculty, alumni/ae, staff, or students may nominate such authors for consideration.
Interested? To apply and or nominate someone, use the form found here.