Youth Minister (Part-Time)
POSITION: Part Time Youth Minister
This position reports directly to the Pastor. $100-200 per week depending on experience. Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Minister Application”.
ABOUT US: Greater Mount Moriah Baptist Church is a church with approximately 100 active members who are faithful believers in Jesus Christ and seek to serve their community. Our Youth Ministry is in a time of transition and we are seeking a dedicated youth minister who can work with the pastor to establish programs and engage the youth in worship, discipleship, fellowship, and service. We are affiliated with the Middlesex Central Baptist Association of NJ, General Baptist Convention of NJ, and National Baptist Convention, Inc.
PURPOSE: Plan and provide spiritual nurturing and mentoring to GMMBC youth while coordinating activities with parents and the pastor.
• Build strong relationships with the youth and their families
• Organize monthly youth ministry meetings for youth and/or parents
• Organize and teach youth bible study on a regular basis
• Teach youth classes during Sunday school as needed
• Actively work with the pastor to recruit new young people
• Assist other youth leaders in organizing trips
• Assist the pastor in youth related ministry activities
• Must be able to engage middle school and high school youths
• High School diploma. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Flexible working hours each week will range from 6 to 18 hours.
• Two personal references required.
• Reference from current pastor is highly recommended.
• Must be familiar with biblical teaching from a Baptist perspective.
• Formal bible training is a plus, but not required.
• Prior experience in youth ministry not required but preferred.
• Successful applicant must be able to pass a background check before a final offer is made.
Visit us at: