PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
– He/she will minister to youth and children, and their families by providing opportunities for discipleship and fellowship.
– To serve in the overall ministry to the church through activities, training, fellowship and ministry as needed and available.
– He/she will act as an assistant in the general ministry as called upon.
– Personal: Evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
– Commitment to the youth ministry and mission of the church.
– Ability to work with people and concern for their nurture as persons and as disciples of Jesus Christ.
– Enthusiasm and optimism about youth ministry.
– Ability to teach and relate to youth and children as a mentor and minister
– Professional: Seminary or Bible School graduate or currently enrolled in seminary or Bible School.
– At least 3 references, one of which must be Pastor or Clergy.
– Current ABPS Profile, if available. If not, full resume.
– Experience: Volunteer or professional ministry experience in the church.
– Successful clearance of a criminal background check.
The following list represents the duties which currently will fall under the purview of the
Youth Minister. They shall remain flexible, changing with the goals of the church,
under the direction of the Pastor and Executive Council:
· Coordinate and lead youth and children’s activities and ministries
· Communicate with parents regarding the needs of their youth and children.
· Coordinate and lead Youth Bible Study or activity at a time other than Sunday School.
· Lead Children’s Church portion of worship.
· Serve as Christian role model for youth and children
· Establish outreach program to youth and children
· Assist in the general ministry of the church as necessary.
· Be present in worship & assist the pastor as called upon.
· Help coordinate and lead other activities for church at large when requested
· Maintain ecumenical relationships where appropriate.
· Assist in member visitation as available, especially members of Sunday School.
· The Minister shall be accountable to the Pastor and Executive Council.
· The Youth Minister will be supported by the Board of Christian Education and the church.
· The congregation will support the Youth Minister by its recognition of their mutual ministry in a covenant community.
· The Pastor and Staff will support the Youth Minister through a spirit of teamwork and Christian respect for each other.
· A 90-day evaluation shall be done by the Pastor and the Executive Council.
· An annual evaluation with salary review shall be done by the Executive Council and the
A 30-day notice shall be given by either party in the event of termination of this position.
This position is conceived as 5-10 hours per week with the following duties:
· Worship attendance, Sunday School class. 3 hours – 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM Sundays.
· One youth or children activity per week – 2 hours. This can be on Sunday to consolidate travel.
· Prep time for studies/activities – 1-2 hours.
· Extra time to be available – VBS week. Pageant preparation. Easter Sunday preparation. Promotion Day preparation.
Salary – $6000 per year. ($500.00 per month, paid monthly)
· Two Sundays for vacation and one Sunday for personal leave time. More than two Sundays will result in a reduction of pay for that month.
We have a member who is willing to provide a room on Saturday night to reduce Sunday travel. This may also make Saturday activities possible.
For more information, check out their website here