RCA Church Planting
We are hiring three to four part time positions, 10 to 20 hours per week each. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Sunday, May 23, 2021.
Summary of Position
The Church Multiplication Catalyst helps initiate and support RCA church planting. They work directly with the Church Multiplication Team (CMT) staff and through classes and regions to create sustainable planting systems that will launch 1,000 churches by 2038.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
1. Work with classes to develop fully functioning church multiplication teams. (vision, resources, assessment, training, coaching, parenting)
2. Work with CMT staff to develop and refine planting systems.,
3. Review grant requests and New Congregation Plans with staff and the Review Team.
4. Develop relationships with potential church planters, parent churches and independent plants seeking adoption.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of current cultural and planting trends and introduce new models of kingdom expansion.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrate and exhibit a personal lifestyle and confession that Jesus is Lord of his/her life
2. Committed to the mission of the Reformed Church in America.
3. At least five years of church planting and/or parenting experience and catalytic leadership track record at the church, classis, region and/or denominational levels in church multiplication.
4. Demonstrated ability to appropriately problem solve while working independently and as a team player; vision casting capability, leadership selection ability, team development, and utilizing the giftedness of others.
5. Proactive approach to responsibilities and projects.
6. High capacity for management of multiple activities and relationships, communication channels and information flow.
7. Committed to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering leaders of color.
8. Strong team approach to ministry.
9. Ability to travel up to 40 days per year.
1. Be a Minister of Word and Sacrament or Commissioned Pastor in the RCA
2. Working knowledge of RCA polity and structures.
3. Coach training.
4. At least three years of experience equipping planters.
5. At least three years of experience equipping parent churches.
6. Direct involvement in cross-cultural ministry that resulted in fruitful impacts.
7. Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish.