Pastor of Youth and Children – Bethany Baptist Church – Newark, NJ
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- A calling to youth and youth ministry, with a passion for seeing young people and children grow into disciples of Christ.
- An ability to imagine a long-term vision for Bethany Baptist Church’s youth ministry and be able to execute this vision.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Bethany’s Statement of Faith and who possesses the ability to reach our young people at their level.
- A relational leader who is self-motivated.
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent degree. Consideration will also be given to applicants who are working towards their MDIV that are still able to work full-time.
- 1-3 years of experience working with youth and children and efficiency in Social Media
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize an effective and Biblical-based Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry that includes fellowship, worship, teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep them updated on ministry strategies and plans, and encouraging partnership.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Organize all of the youth ministry opportunities at Bethany under their leadership.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Deacon Board to integrate youth into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational.
Please upload Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 Letters of Reference (2 related to ministry work and 1 personal) to www.Tinyurl.com/bethanyyouthpastor or mail to
Bethany Baptist Church
275 West Market Street
Newark, New Jersey 07103
Deadline for Submissions: April 30, 2021