Pastor of Senior Protestant Community (Part-Time)
Protestant Community of Cedar Crest Village
Seeking for an Associate Pastor for our interdenominational Protestant Community.
This faith community is a vibrant part of the Cedar Crest Retirement Community, which numbers 1,800 residents in independent living in Northern New Jersey.
The 24-hour a week position may be perfect for a retired, ordained minister who wishes to remain active by making a difference in the lives of senior citizens. The hours worked should be flexible in order to be available to any resident who might be in crisis. Preaching at the Sunday and Holiday Services is the primary focus of this part-time ministry. Home and hospital visits would be expected to be made as part of the responsibilities of the Pastor.
‣ Appropriate for recently retired clergy
‣ Salary: $30,000 range
‣ Flexible 24 hour a week position
‣ College degree; Ordained Protestant Minister in a major denomination
‣ Meets the sacramental and worship needs of our Protestant Community
‣ Comfortable with an interdenominational ministry setting
‣ Requires excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
‣ Appreciates and respects a mature population
Interested Candidates Contact:
Kathy J. Moffitt
Chair, Search Committee
Cedar Crest Protestant Council
Rev. Bert Moore
Pastoral Ministries Manager