Pastor – (Part-Time)
Ours is a gospel-based, open-and-affirming church that seeks to spread the message of Christ in our community. We value diversity and engage in outreach locally– and globally through the U.C.C.
Our congregation is a small group of Christians open to everyone and ready to expand into the communities surrounding us. We need someone familiar with the tenets of welcoming Christianity who can find ways for us to advertise ourselves to the wider world. We seek an energetic individual possessed of the know-how necessary to attract new congregants.
The nature of this part-time position is ongoing, with goals and progress to be evaluated and assessed quarterly by the Pastoral-Relations Committee. The scope of work will be Sundays and additional days weekly, for a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Preaching on Sunday morning and occasional special afternoon worship services;
- Coordinating worship services with the Board of Stewards and Director of Music;
- Officiating at baptisms, weddings, and funerals of members;
- Preparing and leading Bible study during the week or Sunday mornings;
- Providing pastoral care in collaboration with lay people (at least to those who are sick, elderly, or grieving);
- Attending the Board’s monthly meetings, and other business meetings of the church;
- Participating in wider church activities such as Conference and Association meetings as time permits;
- Holding regular office hours;
- Engaging in study and prayer to increase faith and to improve skills in teaching and preaching.
- Visiting the Church’s Nursery School regularly, to interact with children and develop a closer relationship with them as time permits.
For further information, see: