Part-Time Youth Ministry Director
Part-Time Youth Ministry Director (YMD)
To cultivate a Gospel-centered, community-oriented youth ministry at the First Presbyterian Church of Avenel that teaches youth (grades 6-12) to know, love, and serve God in Jesus Christ, and others. Teaching will be grounded in the Bible as interpreted according the Reformed tradition. To enable the youth to grasp the inherent, enduring, and life-transforming relevance of the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the YMD will engage the youth with teaching that is relevant and creative, delivered with energy and enthusiasm. The YMD will connect well with the youth interpersonally, and help connect the youth with God and each other. The YMD will cultivate in the youth a strong desire to know, walk with, and submit their lives in word and deed to God in Christ Jesus.
Love: The core of our faith is to love of God, one another, and our community and world
Prayer: To pray for our world, community, one another, and ourselves
Word: The Word of God is our standard for faith and practice, the source of all truth, and nothing rises above it
Worship: Our Lord and Savior is worthy of all praise and all honor
Community: Cultivation of a tight-knit community that loves God and others
Service: An orientation of proactive service to God, each other, our community, and world
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The planning and preparation of a weekly youth fellowship program (typically on Sunday nights) This includes but is not limited to: games, activities, praise & worship, Bible study, and a snack. Each Sunday evening, the YMD will develop a biblically based, and culturally relevant lesson consistent with reformed theology.
- The YMD will recruit and oversee members of the congregation to serve in the youth fellowship program, and ensure they are properly screened through the Christian Education Committee (CEC).
- The YMD will provide updates and reports as follows:
- Monthly Reports to the CEC, including any proposed off-site activities
- Bi-monthly information for church newsletter, Streamlines, including calendar of planned/scheduled youth activities
- Timely updates to church website administrator (as needed/appropriate)
- As a member of the staff, the YMD shall attend meetings of the CEC staff regularly, and MAY opt to attend monthly meetings.
- The YMD will be responsible to secure coverage during vacations and absences.
Under the supervision of the pastor and the Christian Education Committee, the Youth Ministry Director (YMD) shall provide Christ-centered leadership for FPCA’s Sunday night Youth Fellowship Program. The Personnel Committee is the arm of the church governing body, the session, to which questions about or requests for vacations, salary/benefits, or other personnel needs shall be directed.
The Personnel Committee and pastor will conduct an annual performance review.
- Annual Salary: Yes, based on 10 hrs./week
- Expenses: Yes (mileage reimbursement, up to $500, for period from Sep.-June)
- Travel time: Yes (included as part of the 10hrs./ week)
*Based on a contract year that begins in September and ends in June (10 months)
PLEASE DIRECT INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS TO:
Shirley Benkert – (732) 713-2957, firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Tina Pinto (church office) – (732) 634-1631, email@example.com
Posted on April 13, 2018