Minister of Youth and Education
The position of Minister of Youth and Education is supervised by the Pastor of The Church in Brielle which has identified five Kingdom Goals for future growth and development of the congregation. In accordance with Kingdom Goal #2, Focus on Children and Youth, this position plays a key role in transforming our traditional Sunday School and Youth Group into a strong Church School Program that provides encouragement, community, spiritual formation and Christian education for all members, while developing adult leaders and teachers to assist in the growth of the program in depth and numbers of participants.
1. Direct the youth ministry program under the guidance of the Pastor and the Christian Education ministry.
o Oversee, teach and help grow the Sunday School.
o Assist in selecting an appropriate Sunday School curriculum.
o Identify, train, support and develop new and returning teachers.
o Assist the Pastor with the Youth Group.
o Assist the Pastor in leading a confirmation class for youth ready to be confirmed.
o Plan and lead the Vacation Bible School summer program in 2019.
2. Assist the Pastor in ministering to the congregation.
o Lead Sunday worship and/or deliver the sermon at the request of the Pastor or when the Pastor is away.
o Deliver the children’s messages in Sunday morning worship as requested by the Pastor.
o Participate in Christian Education ministry meetings and church staff meetings.
o Participate in meetings, training, and study with members of the congregation as needed and available.
3. Responsible for a wide variety of communication tasks: Coordinate with the church staff to communicate calendar items in church media outlets including bulletin, Facebook and newsletter. Communicate with Church School Program participants and parents, via email, USPS and phone. Market the program to the community. Network with other church youth leaders in the Brielle community. Report joys and concerns to Consistory on a regular basis.
4. Working with the Pastor, develop additional educational ministry opportunities including partnership opportunities at other RCA churches, as well as workshops and classes for adults, young families, and seniors.
• Strong faith and relationship with Christ.
• Theological study, an M.Div. from an ATS-accredited seminary and licensed to preach in the Classis of New Brunswick is desirable.
• Experience working with children, youth and adults with a variety of cultural and economic backgrounds, preferably in a church setting.
• Excellent skills in facilitation, marketing and communication, and ability to work collaboratively.
• Effective at using technology and social media to build a community.
To Apply: Contact the Church in Brielle office during normal office hours at (732) 528-7070 or contact John Linfante, Christian Education Ministry Chair by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on August 8, 2018