Pastor (part-time)-Manville Reformed Church – Manville NJ
Permanent Part-Time Pastor
The office of Pastor assumes an upright life, a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, a love for God and people, a desire for proclamation of the Gospel, a devotional life including prayer, personal worship and scriptural study, a concern for material life of the congregation and an interest in the community in which our congregation finds itself.
The Pastor shall have a Master of Divinity or its equivalent from an accredited seminary. Upon nomination by the congregation, he or she shall contact the Church and Ministry Committee of the Calvin Synod to receive permission to be a candidate for Pastor at Manville Reformed Church.
Preaching and Teaching:
• The Pastor will be the primary preacher and leader for worship services.
• Administer the sacraments (baptism and communion) during worship services or, if needed, to the sick or homebound
• The Pastor will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Bible Study programs, in coordination with the active ruling Elders of the Consistory.
Leadership and Planning: The Pastor will provide spiritual leadership to the congregation (including, but not limited to the following):
• Preparation of weekly sermons
• Coordination and leadership of prayer groups
• Build up the laity that the church may live as the body of Christ in the community
• Participate in community outreach to create a presence for the church in town and the surrounding community
• The Pastor must adhere to and maintain church policies and procedures as set forth by the church’s Bylaws.
• Provide for the pastoral care needs of the congregation:
a. Hospital visits
b. Home visits
Preferred, but not required:
• Spanish speaking
• Background in music
• Attend meetings of the UCC and/or Calvin Synod (Eastern Classis)