Interim Senior Pastor – North Branch Reformed Church – North Branch, NY
The Interim Pastor (Pastor of Worship and Witness) will lead the congregation in their praise and proclamation of Christ by personal example, through engaged team leadership, and by pastoral attention to the congregation and community. Working with experienced ministry staff and strong lay leaders, the responsibilities include:
- Serves as Head of Staff and President of Consistory
- Leads weekly staff meetings with the Pastor of Discipleship, Director of Music and Worship Arts,and Office Administrator to pray, coordinate and share church business.
- Supports and guides the church’s ministries, missions, and teams.
Pastoral Attention to the Congregation
- Provides strong pulpit presence and biblically-based preaching and teaching that glorifies God by inspiring praise, generosity, and service through instruction, prayer, and music.
- Leads worship, coordinating with the Pastor of Discipleship and Director of Music and Worship Arts in the worship and life of the church.
- Inspires spiritual growth of members and friends and encourages volunteerism and local service that personifies God’s love.
- Provides pastoral care to church members and friends.
- Administers the sacraments of communion and baptism, and conducts weddings and funerals as requested.
- Provides new member orientation to disciple and assimilate new members to NBRC.
The Interim Pastor will not be considered for the permanent pastor position.
- Preaches approximately 3 or 4 times per month, at 2 Sunday services (contemporary and blended contemporary/traditional music).
- Maintains open office hours a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Attends staff, team, and small group meetings, as needed.
- Responds to emergencies, visiting the hospitalized or sick which may require pastoral presence during non-scheduled hours.
- Provides special attention to a regathering congregation, in a post-COVID world.
- Graduate of a nationally recognized seminary or divinity school.
- Ordained in the RCA or Formula of Agreement church (PCUSA, ELCA, or UCC) preferred.
- Experienced lead pastor/minister, with training in interim ministry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clarity, patience, and encouragement.
- Commensurate with experience, following the Classis of Delaware-Raritan guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Visit https://nbrc.com/about/job-opportunities/ for more church information regarding worship, programs and history
- Interested candidates are asked to email their resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the church address (attention: pastor search).
Status: Full Time: Anticipated duration 12 – 24 months
Church Overview: A thriving congregation of 300 active members that embraces vibrant worship, warm community, grateful service, family-centered ministry and empowering leadership. Our vision/mission statement is “God calls North Branch to lift up the poor and poor in spirit in Bridgewater and beyond.”