Full-time Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries/ Office Administrator
The Fanwood Presbyterian Church, a loving, gracious, and supportive community of 300 members, is seeking a full-time leader who can nurture our children and youth in the faith of Jesus and manage our office. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send your resume to Pastor David Jahnke at email@example.com
The ideal candidate will be a faithful Christian, gifted in teaching and with a passion for sharing his or her faith with and building friendships among youth and children. She or he will be warm, receptive, outgoing, knowledgeable of administration and management and eager to learn. The senior pastor is looking forward to supporting, praying and serving with, on a daily basis, this new colleague in ministry.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and leading Wednesday children’s and youth groups.
- Teaching Sunday school, training and communicating with other teachers
- Connecting with youth and parents during the week
- Four weekend retreats and two 3-5 day mission trips.
- Serve as first point of contact and office manager during office hours
- Maintain church calendar and manage rentals and room reservations
- Maintain membership database and directories (CMS software)
- Monitor building condition and report issues to trustees
- Provide general support to pastor, staff, and congregation
- Basic accounts payable experience (reconcile invoices and create vouchers for payment)
- Two years experience teaching and leading youth
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, E-mail and web searches
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to set priorities and complete tasks in a proactive and timely manner.
- Theological education and office management experience preferred
Posted on August 6, 2018