About Faith in New Jersey
Faith in New Jersey is a multi-faith and multi-racial network of faith leaders, congregations and communities
working together alongside our allies to protect religious liberties and advance a racial, immigration and economic justice agenda at the local, state and national level. We are a proud member of Faith in Action, the largest network of faith-based community organizing federations in the country.
Seeking an Executive Director who is responsible for managing, fundraising and building/leading congregation and community-based organizing in order to advance racial, economic and immigrant issues on the local, state and national level.
● Comfortable developing and implementing a financial plan to ensure the sustainability and positive growth of the organization.
● Intentional about building relationships with clergy, community, youth and directly impacted leaders from different walks of life.
● Focus on building the statewide and local infrastructure in order to drive agendas that protect and expand human rights, dismantle systemic injustice, and increase economic opportunities.
● Continue working with Faith in Action’s campaigns to support the La Red and Live Free work.
● Learn the Faith in Action Organizing Model and the FIA approach to leadership development
● Develop a clear power analysis of the region and the state legislature
● Help recruit new clergy, congregations and lay leaders into the organization
● Train congregational leaders to build organizing teams with the power to win policy changes that promote immigrant justice, economic dignity and criminal justice reform.
● Assist building local regions infrastructure
● Budget supervision on a monthly basis
● Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
● Strong public speaking, writing and analytical skills
● Strong interpersonal and relational skills and interest in people
● Comfortable working directly with faith and clergy leaders
● Disciplined and able to work effectively independently and in teams
● Desire to learn and openness to being challenged
● Experience working in poor and communities of color
● Experience in organizing with immigrant communities, communities of color, political organizing, union organizing, or related work
● Must have a reliable vehicle to travel
● Stronger Social Media management skills
Faith in New Jersey has a strong learning culture, including weekly staff development and coaching opportunities and FIA regional and national trainings. We place a high priority on personal learning and creating a respectful multicultural organization. We strongly encourage candidates of color and bilingual Spanish speakers to apply.
Compensation: Competitive salary of $60,000- $70,00 for the full-time position depending on experience; position includes health benefits. Working on evening and weekend is necessary for success.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, writing samples and references to
email@example.com . Application deadline is Monday, July 15, 2019. No calls please.