Director of Worship
“Corporate Worship at Madison Ave. is Biblical, God directed, Christ centered and Holy Spirit led. God receives the praise, adoration and thanksgiving and the work of God is celebrated. Worshippers talk and listen to God in prayer, hunger for God’s word and desire to respond to it by surrendering their lives to Christ.”
- Experienced Musician proficient in reading music.
- Possession of a Baccalaureate Degree or higher.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Word).
- Excellent Christian committed to MACRC Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Demonstrated Supervisory Experience in leading musicians and sound team.
- Commitment to regularly attend MACRC and affirm the Reformed doctrine.
- Adhere to the Biblical qualifications for leaders in the church (Titus 1:7-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, and 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Passionate and gifted tp lead a multiethnic intergenerational congregation as true worshippers (John 4:23-24) informed by a Reformed understanding of worship.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement a dynamic ministry to Youth and Young Adults.
- Must be a team player who exhibits creativity and flexibility in the execution of worship responsibilities.
Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Plan, implement, lead vibrant worship services, (music. liturgy, sound, visuals) in coordination with the Pastor and worship leadership team.
- Prepare PowerPoint for Worship Services.
- Schedule and oversee worship service rehearsals.
- Recruitment and development of Praise Team, Youth Choir and worship volunteers.
- Management and maintenance of the sanctuary environment related to the liturgical calendar.
- Attendance in Staff, Leadership, and Congregational meetings as scheduled.
- Upon request provide musical support in special services and/or on special occasions, (funerals, weddings, et cetera).
Hours: 20 hours a week; *Mandatory Office Hours per week (5).
Salary: $19,000 – $20,000.00 annually contingent upon experience.
Vacation: One week after one year of service and satisfactory performance evaluation.