Church Educator – Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church is a progressive, welcoming church that sits prominently on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Rodney Street in the City of Wilmington. It pulls the majority of its 934 active members from the surrounding area, including Pennsylvania.
Westminster seeks a full-time Church Educator. The job responsibilities include coordination of all Christian Education programs, teaching periodically in areas of interest, and being an integral member of the Youth Ministry Team. (See Job Description below).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume directed to Jane Steinwedel, Convenor of the Christian Education Search Committee, to: email@example.com .
PURPOSE: Provide primary staff responsibility for administration of Christian Education (CE) programs.
- Serve as staff liaison and resource to CE Committee
- Coordinate all Christian Education programs in consultation with the Christian Education Committee, Adult Education Sub Committee, Pre School Director and program coordinators.
- Participate in the work of the Youth Ministry Team (Educator, Director of Faith Formation through Music and the Arts and Part-time Youth Ministry Team Members)
- Teach periodically in areas of interest.
- Oversee the recruiting and development of teachers/leaders.
- Provide and interpret curriculum and resources.
- Interpret and promote CE opportunities for all ages to the congregation.
- Work with the CE Committee to develop some intergenerational activities.
- Help CE Committee to prepare and administer the Christian Education budget.
- Promote the broader educational vision for all ages to the congregation.
- Provide compassionate care and guidance for parents, youth and volunteers
- Assist in implementing Children’s Time during Sunday Worship
RELATIONSHIPS: Works in close cooperation with the Ordained Staff, Christian Education Committee, and Director of Faith Formation through Music and the Arts
REPORTS TO: Head of Staff and to the congregation through the Christian Education Committee of Session.
QUALIFICATIONS : Masters degree and PC(USA) Christian Educator certification or equivalent experience. Strong leadership experience in Christian Education with children and youth (required) and adults (desired).
EVALUATION: Annual discussion of contributions and development will be conducted by the Head of Staff incorporating input from Personnel Committee. The Personnel Committee with input from the Head of Staff will annually review the adequacy of compensation for this full-time position
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Exempt