Associate Pastor of Urban Engagement and Evangelism – Bethany Church – NJ
A small, multi-ethnic church in New Jersey is seeking an Associate Pastor of Urban Engagement and Evangelism. Our church is located within a diverse community that has nearly 50,000 people within a square mile radius of our facility. We are served by a quality school district. Our church also maintains a 501c3 community development corp. to facilitate after-school programs for over 200 at-risk middle and high school students.
Candidates must have a passion for evangelizing adults through relationship building, evangelistic Bible studies, or outreach groups. Likewise, applicants should be familiar with assimilating unchurched adults into a local church through effective urban discipleship strategies.
• Proven track record of evangelizing adults through relationship building, evangelistic Bible studies, or outreach groups. Likewise, the applicant should be familiar with assimilating unchurched adults into a local church through effective urban discipleship strategies.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree is preferred and/or equivalent experience in Christian ministry.
1. Work alongside the senior pastor in communicating and in executing an evangelism and outreach strategy that aligns with the mission of this church.
2. Strategically pursue follow-up communication with adults who visit our church and adults whose children attend our after-school programs.
3. Coordinate contextualized evangelism programs and events that are suited for the target groups that we most believe God has called our church to effectively reach.
4. Assist in developing and maintaining a systematic plan for assimilating everyone from guests to regular church attendees into the life and discipleship process of our church.
5. Assist the senior pastor and elders in fostering an overall church environment that helps people grow in lifestyles that demonstrate Biblical hospitality.
6. Wisely utilize social media as an evangelism and assimilation tool.
7. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
8. Available for additional evangelism and assimilation tasks as directed by the pastor and elders.