Continuing Education Discounts:
NBTS is now offering you masters level Continuing Education courses at a reduced cost. Whether you graduated from the Certificate, Masters, or Doctor of Ministry programs, you are eligible! Study in a way that suits your needs – either for credit, or as an auditor.
For Credit: (up to 5 courses in total)
- $178.40 per credit hour or $535.20 per course; plus Registration/Computer Fees $75.00
- One course per semester either in Fall or in Spring terms.
- Certificate program alumni must meet the limited enrollment criteria.
- The completed registration form is sent to the Dean’s Office.
- You will receive notification from the Dean’s Office if you are approved to enroll for the course.
- To pass the course, you will complete the course requirements as noted in the syllabus.
The course will appear on the student’s NBTS transcript.
Auditing: (up to four courses in total)
- $178.40 per three-credit course; plus Registration/Computer Fees $20.00
- One class per semester either in Fall or in Spring terms.
- Complete the registration form and send it to the Dean’s office.
- You will receive notification from the Dean’s office if you are approved to audit the course.
- The Faculty member must also approve the audit and will provide you with the guidelines of engagement for auditing students in their class.
- The course will appear as an audit on the NBTS transcript. The class will not count towards academic credit.
Alumni Limited Enrollment & Auditing Forms
As alumni/ae of NBTS, you may have borrowing privileges from Sage Library. You should come to the Sage Library Circulation Desk or contact email@example.com to set up your account. They will need a photo ID. You may find materials on campus or online using the online catalog system.
Borrowing Privileges and Policies
A Sage library card must be presented at the Circulation desk to borrow library materials. Privileges are extended to NBTS Alumni/ae upon presenting valid identification. Alumni/ae memberships are available for free upon graduation and are renewable every 6 months. Please note membership does not include Interlibrary Loan privileges and access to certain materials may be restricted. Sage Library reserves the right to limit access to some materials to NBTS faculty and students. Alumni cards will be issued for six months from the date of application.
Click here to download the Library Card Application Form
For more information contact the Circulation Desk at (732) 247-5243.
Alumni/ae can now access Atla Serials®, Religion collections containing over 350 full-text major religion and theology journals. For logon access to this database please contact the Sage Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a New Book Celebration at NBTS
An author of a book that relates to one of the disciplines taught at NBTS is welcome to apply to have a “New Book Celebration” in Gardner A. Sage Library. The celebration will be arranged by the Theological Writing Center. Celebrations for books by alumni will be held at the beginning of spring terms when there are books to celebrate, while books by faculty will be celebrated at the beginning of fall terms.
Click here for more information or to apply to have your book celebration at NBTS.
Opportunities to Give Back
Continue the legacy of excellence you helped build as a student at NBTS! Your support—whether it’s sharing your time, resources, expertise, or a monetary gift—will ensure that we continue to be a driving force in transforming the world:
Become a Field Education Site
Participate in the formation of a NBTS student.Application for ministerial intern.
Recruit students – Alumni Ambassador
Become an ambassador to engage in recruitment of new students for the Seminary. Contact JerQuentin Sutton at email@example.com You can also refer potential students by using this form.
Become a volunteer to assist with:
Leadership Roles: Join a Working Team as we work to develop the alumni association. Here are three opportunities available to you.
- Regions – determine the areas that will make up regions across the country, and within NJ and NY taking into consideration characteristics such as distance, density, and willing shepherds (leaders) within regions.
- Leadership Structure & By-Laws – consider several leadership models suggested to you by Alumni Relations, and determine which structure will work best for the NBTS context and then develop by-laws to support that structure. A model of the by-laws will also be provided.
- Funding – Matching Lilly Grant – The initial task is to raise the remaining matching funds. This group will then develop plans for raising additional funds for the seminary in coordination with the V. P. of Advancement, Cathy Proctor.
- Become a Class Year Ambassador to keep in communication with your graduating class. You will contact members of your class periodically via email, or phone, etc to check-in at least semi-annually
Contribute financially to the NBTS Annual Fund and other giving opportunities. Click here to donate and for more information
Request Pulpit Supply
To request a student or alum for pulpit supply email the information requested below: