Alumni Association Update
January 27, 2021
The NBTS Alumni Association is officially open for business. We are excited to announce that on January 1st, the inaugural slate of officers and committee chairs began their term, guiding the association as it grows.
The association exists to support and strengthen the ties among alumni near and far, current students, churches, communities, and the seminary.
The new Alumni Council members are:
President – Barry Wise (2017)
Vice President – Harry Tysen (1974)
Secretary – Joyce Moses (2016)
Committees & Chairs
Nominating Committee – Robert Anderson (1968)
This committee will recommend candidates from all active alumni members for office to be elected by the Association.
Honors & Awards Committee – Wes Wilson (2018)
The Committee will recommend to the Council nominees for the following awards: 1784 Legacy (RCA), Chaplaincy (PC&C), Global Ministry, and Prophetic Ministry.
Student Recruitment & Retention Committee – Sharon Johnson (2015)
Committee members will assist the Seminary in attracting and retaining eligible, high-quality students.
Financial Stewardship Committee – Adebisi (Bisi) Shofu (2013)
This committee will maintain the Association’s annual budget, lead fundraising efforts for the Alumni Fund, alumni scholarship funds, and various NBTS Funds.
Social Action Committee – Geraldine Clark (2012)
Committee members will work in concert with the staff liaison for Alumni Relations, and will assist the Seminary in carrying out its mandate to engage in Christ-centered witness by identifying and advocating for positive-change social justice issues.
Cares Committee – Alice Scott (2018)
The Cares Committee is the pastoral care arm of the Alumni Association and will support alumni by communicating with those who are in bereavement, experiencing illness, or other difficulties.
Communications Committee – Vacant
This committee is responsible to for ensuring that current information is regularly sent to all alumni via social media, postal mail, and email.
National Regional Coordinator – Mark Kraai (1974)
This role is to communicate with all Regional Coordinators.
These and other alumni have worked hard to lay the groundwork for a strong Alumni Association. This Council is in the process of:
- Connecting with you by graduating classes
- Connecting alumni regionally across the country
- Engaging with Seminary leadership
- Preparing for the next slate of Alumni Council leaders for the coming year
We need your help!
- We are looking for volunteers for the standing committees. If you would like to participate in one of these committees listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate to the Alumni Association Fund so that we can complete the matching grant of $10,000 awarded towards the development of the Alumni Association by In Trust
- Meet the Alumni Council–National Alumni Association Zoom Call – Thursday, 2/25/21 at 7:00 – 8:00 pm – eastern time. Click here to register for this meeting.
For more info, please contact Joan Marshall at email@example.com.
For a great place for Alumni to share stories, successes, and assistance with each other, be sure to join our