To be eligible for the maximum amount of merit and need-based scholarships, new students must complete their application by June 15. A limited amount of funds are available for new students applying for scholarships from July 1- Aug 10.
Welcome to New Brunswick Theological Seminary's (NBTS) Financial Aid Office.
The Tuition/Financial section on NBTS's website at www.nbts.edu includes a series of tabs that help you navigate to important information about financial aid at NBTS. You should check with the Financial Aid Coordinator frequently to review your financial aid status. All communications from the Office of Financial Aid will be sent to you at your NBTS email or if specified your person email address.
After receiving your acceptance letter, to receive financial aid, you need to:
- Complete your FAFSA. Once you have submitted your FAFSA, please be sure we have the correct FAFSA on file. The 2014-2015 FAFSA is for award periods that begin after June 1, 2014. For example, if your first awarding period is for the fall semester that begins September 2014, you need to have the 2014-15 FAFSA on file.
- Complete your NBTS Financial Aid Application on line by June 15th
- Complete NBTS's Scholarship Essay by June 15th
- All first time student loan borrower must complete by June 15th
- Entrance Counseling Interview
- Master Promissory Note
- Receive award notification. Once your FAFSA and additional documentation (if required) are reviewed, a financial aid award determination is made. Please note that awarding begins two to three weeks prior to the start of your term. You will be notified via your NBTS email once your awards have been determined.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor and Register for your classes
Refund Information: If you have a credit on your account, refunds are released within 14 days after your disbursement posts to your account. Under certain circumstances, tuition credits due to course drops may be returned to your lender, the U.S. Department of Education.
Wishing you God's Peace and Blessings,
Betty A. Rucker, MSHE; MSSL
Financial Aid and International Student Coordinator
New Brunswick Theological Seminary
17 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
Phone: 732-247-5241, ext. 311
Click here for more information on financial aid