Position Title: Recruiter- New York/ New Jersey Regions
Accountable to: Coordinator of Student Services
Status: Full Time
As an ambassador of the Seminary's mission, the Recruiter educates prospective seminarians to New Brunswick Theological Seminary degree and certificate programs through targeted contacts with congregations, denominations, and schools; advises applicants in selecting their areas of study; and helps to secure tuition underwriting from congregations and denominations.
The Recruiter is accountable to the Coordinator of Student Services
- Participation in continual development and implementation of strategic plan for enrollment
- Meet with denominational clergy and congregations to educate groups and individuals to the degree programs at the Seminary
- Attend denominational conferences, such as those of the Reformed Church in America, Presbyterian Church USA, African Methodist Episcopal Church, various Baptist conventions, associations and congregations, as well as other religious institutes and gatherings to provide information (to Groups or individuals) about Seminary degree programs
- Assist in the coordination of open houses
- Counsel and advise prospective applicants on church vocations and course studies
- Help to secure underwriting of tuition for various applicants from congregations
- Serve as a primary recruitment liaison with the colleges of the Reformed Church in America, and other regional and denominational colleges
- Assist the admission process and complete other tasks assigned by the Coordinator of Student Services
- Submit monthly reports to Coordinator of Student Services
The Recruiter position requires a Master of Divinity degree, excellent people skills, ability to advise and recruit students from diverse backgrounds, integrity, sensitivity to an applicant's calling and a self-starter. Advanced computer, fundraising and sales skills are needed. This position requires considerable regional travel availability and ability to work evenings and weekends.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date is negotiable. Candidates should send a cover letter, resume and names of three (3) references to: Human Resources, New Brunswick Theological Seminary, 17 Seminary Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08901; firstname.lastname@example.org; 732-545-0802 (fax)