Lay Church leaders, or anyone interested in taking an advanced course in Bible studies or Theology, can register now for the Certificate Program in Theological Studies at New Brunswick Theological Seminary. The Certificate Program is designed for lay people interested in learning about Theology, Bible and Church History, and Servant Leadership. Seminary faculty members teach all the courses.
Students can earn a Certificate in Theological Studies through the two-year program by taking
two courses per term (eight courses). Individual courses can be taken at any time by anyone interested in Bible, Church or Theological studies. At present, eight courses are offered during the academic year: Church History, Servant Formation, Servant Leadership, Biblical Interpretation, Christian Ethics, Old Testament, New Testament, and Theology.
Many denominations and churches that certify individual members for special ministry roles or
offices, may require the completion of a Certificate Program such as the one available at New
Brunswick Theological Seminary. Important for participants to note, the Certificate itself does not grant or guarantee certification for any church ministry or office. That decision lies with individual denomination or church.
Students who wish for their courses to count towards the completion of a Certificate in Theological Studies must complete and submit the following:
1. Completed Application Form
2. Copy of High School Diploma or GED
3. One page autobiography/spiritual journey to include your reason for pursuing the Certificate in Theological Studies
4. One letter of recommendation from a minister or supervisor from your home church. The letter of recommendation should speak to the candidate's ability for academic work, overall character, and capacity for leadership in a Christian community.
5. A tuition deposit, payable to New Brunswick Theological Seminary, must accompany your application. (Please refer to tuition cost section, p. ll)
PERSONAL ENRICHMENT (NON-CTS TRACK)
Students who wish to take a course without pursuing a Certificate in Theological Studies may do so by completing and submitting the following:
1. Completed Application form
2. One page autobiographical/spiritual journey
3. Payment in full for course (s)
Submit all forms and payment to:
New Brunswick Theological Seminary
17 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
or email to email@example.com