Readington Reformed Church, Readington, NJ
Full time pastor for Readington Reformed Church, a congregation of the Reformed
Church in America (RCA). The pastor is the spiritual leader of our congregation and, as such, is
responsible to the Lord and to the Church in proclaiming the gospel and teaching the Bible, especially as it relates to everyday life here in central New Jersey.
Reports to: Classis of Delaware-Raritan; Consistory of Readington Reformed Church. The Consistory plans to review our pastor’s performance and report to the Classis annually.
Reporting to this Position: (all part time paid positions) Church Secretary & Music Director
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Be an ordained pastor with preaching experience within the RCA or sister denominations. Other
candidates will require additional approvals and are encouraged to apply.
• An energetic, engaging, inspirational preaching style which is to be Bible based.
• Experience in growing a membership with emphasis on youth ministry & children’s programs.
• Effective and focused leader for the congregation in all matters of the church, with specific focus on ministering to families and involvement in the community.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Our Church policy requires a successful completion of a background check.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following functions/activities:
• Continuously strive through prayer and meditation, study and continuing education, to grow in
your knowledge of God and in your gift of homiletics.
• Plan and conduct regular weekly worship services and special congregational services; prepare
and deliver sermons for these services – except during periods of illness or vacation.
• Develop and participate in a program of Christian nurture for the development of the
congregation and the attraction of new members.
• Oversee adult and youth education programs.
• Attend church functions and promote the good name of Readington Reformed Church through
evangelism, community outreach, and programs to make our church better known in the
• Train and equip laity to become Christ-centered leaders and disciples, paying particular
attention to newly elected Elders and Deacons.
• Perform pastoral calling on the sick, shut-ins, and both current and prospective members.
• Set and maintain regular office hours at church and be available to our members and people in
the community during these times.
• Be available for religious counseling and guidance to our members on an as-needed basis.
• Work with consistory and its committees to assist them in carrying out their assigned tasks. Lead the church consistory in its monthly business meetings.
• Participate with Classis in matters of mutual interest or concern. Represent Readington
Reformed Church at these meetings.
• Serve as administrator of the paid church staff; provide leadership and oversee their assigned
duties as needed.
• Readington Reformed Church parsonage (3 bedrooms, 2 baths), located adjacent to the church
• Salary commensurate with candidate’s experience and education. Readington Reformed Church
follows the Ministerial Compensation Guide as prepared by the Delaware Raritan Classis.
• Four weeks’ paid vacation which will include four Sundays.
• Professional expense and travel allowance.
• Medical/Dental insurance and Group Life/Long Term Disability insurance.
• Provision for retirement savings through the Reformed Church Retirement Plan.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position should send any application materials to:
Chair, Pastoral Search Committee
Readington Reformed Church
124 Readington Road
PO Box 1
Readington, NJ 08870
(908) 534-2077, ext. 1